Sunday 11 January 2015

Indoor Sensory Play

At this time of year it can get pretty boring having to stay indoors whilst there's a heavy storm outside! For little one's it is probably even more boring than you thought. In my experience children constantly want to touch things they shouldn't, from a remote control to the plug sockets to dirty nappies! It can at times be a vicious circle, it's not fun saying no all day is it? Today was one of those days, yes it was a lovely morning so we went for some fresh air but the afternoon was nap time and then it wasn't so nice after all. The temper tantrums had started as if to say his toys weren't good enough. What to do? Same old toys? Same old books? I thought I'd search my cupboards and see what I could do for Leon. Basmati rice, perfect! It's cheap, always in the cupboard, pourable, and has texture. Best part? Take's 5 minutes to prepare!


Baking tin & plenty of colourful scoop objects.



Silicone cupcake tray


"Look at me!"


"Where shall I put this?"


 "I won't eat it!"


"Dried pasta tastes horrible"


"I'll cook it!"


"All done, tidy up time!"

This activity lasted for nearly two hours which was perfect for Leon. He loved scooping and pouring and touching the rice. He even loved cleaning up after himself, not only is this easy to prepare and you're most likely to have rice in your pantry, it's educational and an excellent quiet time!
Enjoy and let me know how you get on too.

Mama Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment